Thursday, December 13, 2007

the night

This is one of the first poems I have written in several years. I don't know why I felt the need to put it on this blog, as my poetry has always been quiet a private affair up to this point. However I felt the compulsion to do this so I am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the night

It is night outside.
The cold is apparent, wrapped around
a dark tall Oak tree.
Yet while I am warm inside and out of harm, the cold
which infects the night has
attached itself to me.

There have been warmer days; Joyous
heartful involved days. Warmth
appeared from the unlikely of places and times and moved
quickly to a place where heat had not been
felt for the longest of times.

Yet that heat has faded,
not because it was unwanted
but rather taken and quenched
like the dying ambers of a
turf fire; the cold awaiting to wrap with fervor its
claws and claim it for
the night.


(c) John James 2007

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home