Thursday, February 7, 2008

Irish Times Letter: Texting in the Dáil

I havent seen a good letter in the Times that has brought a smile to my face in a while so this one popped out of my Google Reader like a pen to paper when an assignment is due the following day. And while we are on the subject of the Dáíl, can somebody tell the TD's that they really need to be sitting in on all debates in order to make an informed decision.....OH WAIT sorry thats right we have the whip system.... its ok...my bad...


TEXTING INTHE DáIL

Madam, - Would someone tell Olwyn Enright of Fine Gael to stop texting
while on the front bench in the Dáil? It looks very bad - and I have never seen
any other TD do this.
The camera caught Ms Enright texting twice during the
course of the Oireachtas Reports I have seen since Christmas. Even children in
school are not allowed to use mobile phones during class! - Yours,
etc,
FLORENCE CRAVEN, Maynooth, Co Kildare.

Source & Cont'd: Irish Times (No sub required)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my letter on your site; good luck with it! How did you think of the name? I love hedgehogs (even though the only ones I usually ever see are dead!), and do not think they are angry creatures, even though they should be! I love animals, or fellow ceatures as I like to call them!
Anyway, getting back to my letter, the IT ommitted that I am a PhD!! I put that after my name when I emailed the letter on Tuesday night last. I honestly did not expect them to print it. They did not call me to confirm that I wrote it, but I certainly did!!
As a former and avid supporter of FG, I am sorry that O Enright had to be the one caught on camera texting. I'd have written my letter regardless of WHO was texting on tax payer's money!! It's just not appropriate behaviour from public reps while they are in their representative capacity.
I hope the letter brought a few blushes to whoever read it in the FG ranks. FG is a nice party, but I feel they let me down on a number of occasions and I could not keep supporting them. O Enright herself did not even reply to an email I sent her in late 2006. I have not forgotten this.
In addition to writing letters to the IT, I have also written a few articles for the Sun Independent. A Fanning is a very affable guy. You might also be interested to know that I see it as my duty to complain about overtly sexual ads, and have succeeded ingetting a few of them banned!
I'd like to run for political office myself, but I don't know for who!!

February 9, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home