Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A tribute to my Big Sister.

When Sally got stabbed earlier in the year & I saw the clip I cried coz the b*sts didnt say whether or not she was going to be ok again. It would have been a perfect exit for her then. However, seeings as how that as happened, the begs the question what exit will sally get & more importantly will she be coming back in later years if the character is not killed off.

However I am sorry to see her go, Sally was like my big sister that I never had. I think most of us grew up with her from the age of 7 until now. Her life was ours and most of it was pleasurable. [:-)]


----------------------------------------------------
Kate Ritchie won the 2007 Gold Logie.

Kate Ritchie won the 2007 Gold Logie. (Getty Images: Patrick Riviere)

After two decades playing Sally Fletcher on soap opera Home and Away, actress Kate Ritchie has announced she is quitting the show.

"I have been blessed with a job that I have loved for the past 20 years and I wouldn't take back one moment of my time on Home and Away, but I feel that it is time for change," she said in a statement.

"My decision to leave the show has not been made lightly and despite being sad to say goodbye I am excitedly looking forward to what will be the next chapter of my life."

Ritchie has been a permanent cast member of Home and Away since 1988. She was just 10 when the pilot went to air.

In 2006, Ritchie won the Silver Logie for Most Popular Actress.

This year she won the Gold Logie.

Ritchie has told Channel Seven's Sunrise program that she will continue working on Home and Away until the end of the year.

She is expected to film her final scenes in December.

Seven's director of programming and production, Tim Worner, says the network is excited for Ritchie.

"Seven is very proud of all that Kate has achieved in her time with us," he said.

"It's been an amazing ride and it's been a great joy to see her grow as a performer and a person over that time.

"We wish her as much success with the next part of her career - she's a great girl and she deserves it."


contd: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/09/26/2043416.htm



--------------------------------------------


A tribute to Sally from youtube with a fantastic song!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home