Monday, February 11, 2008

An Ode to the demands of a young Teacher......

I just found this from a friends email and it made me smile, so I figured I would share:

--------------------------------------
An Ode to the demands of a young Teacher......


"Let me see if I've got this right."


"You want me to go into that room with all those kids and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning. And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits."


"You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self-esteem."


"You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and fair play, how and where to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job."I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, offer advice, write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, encourage respect for their elders and future employers."


"And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card."


"All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books and a big smile!!"

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home