Monday, April 28, 2008

The DLR Experience

Treaty establishing a Constitution for EuropeImage via Wikipedia
Well it is coming up to that time of year again. Yes you are right it is Referendum time. *sigh* it seems like only yesterday when we voted in the last referendum on the EU Constitution, then the bleeding Damn Dutch and French rejected it! Bah. Anyway I will not be making my opinions known on Lisbon just yet-It will happen in the near future, I promise.

However back to the story at hand. I will be living in Dublin for this referendum, which means of course that one has to change one's electoral vote to the infamous (for many reasons) Dun Laoire-Rathdown County Council electoral area. So in order to change my address, I called Corporate Services in DLR this morning and they were most pleasant. I shall have to wait for her to send out the supplementary electoral register form, fill it in, get a guard to sign and stamp it and then send it back to DLR. Relatively straight forward I hope.

I do however have a reason for this post, mainly to remind people-ie students or otherwise-who have moved since the Electoral Register was compiled last January to get in contact with their local county council and change their vote to their new area. As the Referendum will be held on the 12th of June 2008, you have up to 14 days prior to that to get registered and get your names on the list, which means that Thursday the 29th May is the last day for it. If you don't have a change of address, You can check the electoral register from the web to ensure you are still on the list at the Dept. of Local Govt's website or alternatively you can view the register at any County Hall or Library.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home