Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Artiste: Johnny Flynn

Whilst scouting the Interweb yesterday, in the middle of finishing off that Bleeding essay(those of you following my Twitter updates will be aware how long it has been taking to get this finished!), I came across an article in the Monday's English Times about an up and coming artiste, Johnny Flyn. Article very well brought together and headlines with:
" Johnny Flynn: the next poster boy of the nu-folk scene"

Well he is pretty! However looks aint everything and it certainly doesn't help to ensure your music will last on and on....in this case however, his debut "Tickle me Pink!" is a great folky/wake me up before you go go type of a song. His Voice is absolutely Fantastic and I have fallen in love with its tone. I expected his Voice to be somewhat of a higher pitch, or perhaps that is just me (I've been listening to too much wailing crap of late). However he has this amazing husky, gruff, melodic voice which just flows over the notes of the music and makes the music work for him rather than having to make his voice work for the music.

Youtube Vid of "Tickle Me Pink" is below. Just have to wait for a Dublin Date now to see him in Concert, though for once I *may* be tempted to actually travel to see this guy play in the UK.


Speaking of Indie nights, I also got a facebook invite for a new Indie night in SPY which is starting this Thursday, called Soundchecks. Looks pretttyyy good!I am hoping to get to it at some stage during the night.

I have, however, to go sing my socks off in the G though that night at a fundraiser, Cineoke, for the Emerald Warriors' Rugby Club. For those of you not in the know, the Warriors will be hosting the Rugby World Cup, the Bingham Cup here over June 13th -15th 2008. That is going to be a fun weekend! Considering everything that has gone on with Munster RFC(*cough*HeinekenCupChampions2008*cough*) in the last couple of days, it is shaping up to be one of the biggest events in the Irish Sporting Calender this year. For more infomation on Bingham Cup just click here.



Liked it.
Nominate it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

slurp

May 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home