Monday, August 4, 2008

More Seanad Transcripts

I love Mary O'Rourke. :-) Who cares if she is from Westmeath, She is just Fablis.

Ms O’Rourke: I too wish to join in the praise to Senator Norris for his courage which he has displayed in spades for many years in the way he has addressed issues. Before speaking on the Bill I thank the Senator for bringing it before the House where we had an acrimonious mini debate this morning in which, across the House, various insults were heard.
Mr. Dardis: Never.

Mr. Coghlan: Not by all of us.

Ms O’Rourke: Yes. We sound like a bad opera, “oh no, oh yes”. He is behind one or in front of one or whatever.

Mr. Dardis: Did the Senator say “pantomime”?

Ms O’Rourke: I did not, I said a bad opera.

Mr. Coghlan: Singing as well.

Ms O’Rourke: No, we are not singing. I wish to echo something the Minister said, namely that it was never the Government’s wish to vote down the Bill. I was involved for weeks in seeking to bring about some agreement. Senator Norris will be aware of that.

Seanad Éireann, 16th February 2005


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home