Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: The year of misoppourtunity

It is the the 31st of December 2007 and Tomorrow will be the 1st of January 2008.

Where has the year gone eh? Well normally the appropriate answer to that is to say "God I don't know" However, in this instance I will not be using that response. Instead I will say, well 2007 has fucked me over as well as a number of others in this world so badly that I cannot wait until 2008 and a the season of new starts begins.

So where to begin. Well 2007 begun in the Lodge. Never a good start to any night but it was amongst friends and that is all that matters. 2007 also began with a medical scare, not helped by reactions and advise from certain persons within that particular organisation. Thankfully that got resolved and my health was improved. However whilst in the middle of that my entire medical history got broadcast loud and clear by a very vindictive person, whom has left my life and I hope never to have to deal with again.

A disagreement with people also graced the middle part of 2007, which has resulted in a more independent mindset. I regret that particular friendship is lost to me now because there was some very happy times involved and for that, if you are reading I do thank you.

6/7/2007. my brothers Bday party. 7/7/2007. Head on collision with a VW Golf around a very sharp bend on a narrow road. Two fire-brigades, Two ambulances & a Garda Car later, I emerged from the hospital on crutches, a bruised ego and a new found love of life-though that could have been the Diffene. Two months later a bill for €808 from the fire service arrived just when I was about to start in UCD. Thank god for AXA insurance extra benefits.

Work in 2007 was up and down like a roller-coaster. One minute I was one thing, the next minute I was another. and whilst I loved every minute I worked for the company, especially all my mates from there, there were times when it was severely tested to the max. Whilst I may be unemployed at the moment, it is good because I can focus more.

The Weather: Need I say anymore about the wettest summer on record!?!?!?!?!

We won't even go into the topic of relationships. The Summation Mantra still holds firm in this regard, as well as everything else in my life.

So there has to be some good points about 2007 right. Ok well yes there is a few. I got involved in Rainbow Support Services in limerick and in both their Youth group and briefly the Switch board. I helped with the running of Queerbash IV and it was a success, I think. I got introduced and hooked to Dr. Who. I became reacquainted with an old friend and rekindled our friendship, which I thought had become too distant to recover. I made new friends and thickened old friendships further. I took part in Cork Pride events and helped Out in UL build the only float for Limerick's first Gay Pride Parade. I got accepted to my masters course in UCD and I am loving it. I am so far keeping my promise to not be as involved in Organizations this year because of the masters alive, we shall see how the new year pans out. And latterly I have learned that sometimes it is better to build a bridge and get over it than to dwell on things too much-thanks for that kick up the arse! Overall perhaps the Good has out-weighed the bad of 2007. However I still cannot wait to see the back of it. Roll on 2008 because you are more than welcome into my life.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home