Monday, December 3, 2007

Fianna Fáil Fundraising.

Ok, now I am not going down a "Bertie-bashing, FF-bashing, Govt-bashing, Party-bashing, economy-bashing" route with this post. I just wanted to point out the irony of something I came across on the Fianna Fáil website.

Below is a copy of an image for the Superdraw, which will generate income for FF HQ, via Cairde Fianna Fáil. No problems with that. It's legit.

The irony I find in this is the BMW series 1, which is offered at 1st prize. Now if I was to win this car, which I could not because I am not a member of Cairde Fianna Fáil, I would be a right cranky person, when I got the car and realised it was above 1.6l. Then I would remember that all 1.6L cars Motor tax went up by the Government, whose main party(Fianna Fáil) coincidently are in part both benefiting from the purchase of the ticket for this draw (€50), but also receiving a continual tax revenue from this car, and the 2nd & 3rd prizes in motor tax for the next 10-15 years. Now thats what I call putting the country before profit.



Source:Fianna Fáil website

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home