Tuesday, March 25, 2008

When 2.5inches is not 2.5inches

Well my old laptop finally kicked the bucket. Im guessing it was just the power board that the main issue was with, and the HDD should be fine. so I decided yesterday to remove the HDD and get an enclosure and make it an external HDD, which will be great because it means I will not have to purchase one for some 100eur. This is all well and good if it works. Will find out at the end of the week when the Enclosure I ordered will arrive.

However one thing which puzzled me about this whole recovery thing-usually I leave the HW techy stuff to other people, is the 2.5inch Hard-drive which isnt, coz when it is measured by tape, it is actually 2.75inches. So surely then an enclosure shud be a 2.75in enclosure and not a 2.5in enclosure and the same should apply to the description of the HDD. Anyway Im sure its one of those little mysteries that life has that will somewhere be resolved and nobody will pass on the memo.

So anyway I took some pictures as I was going along of the dismantling process. I might add, I got everything back in the proper position and it looks like a laptop again, minus the Harddrive & the memory, which I recovered. Whether it works or not I dont know. like I said the PWD is gone anyway so it doesn't matter. Hopefully the enclosure will work but we shall wait and see. I will give y'all an update when I get it.







Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home