Monday, March 3, 2008

Dáil Records:

Whilst reading through some of the Dáil records I came across this little gem from Deputy O'Connor. He was speaking about the Civil Registrations Bill on 28/1/2004 and was a little bit aphrehensive about his input on the bill. However this is a great piece to have in Dail records regardless!



Mr. O'Connor: "Since I became a Member of the
Dáil I have sometimes considered how I might address the Chamber and contribute effectively to various debates. I learned today that responding to a fire alarm is an
effective way to get Members of the House worked up and excited. Bearing in mind the type of legislation under discussion it was perhaps appropriate and, indeed, ironic.
I am glad we all survived and I hope my colleagues opposite survived it as
well..."

Dáil Éireann - Volume 578 - 28 January, 2004
Civil
Registration Bill 2003: Second Stage (Resumed).


Classic

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home